Reuters is reporting that Yahoo has admitted that all 3 billion of its accounts were hacked in a 2013 data theft, tripling its earlier estimate of the size of the largest breach in history. The information was protected with outdated, easy-to-crack encryption, according to academic experts and included security questions and backup email addresses, which could make it easier to break into other accounts held by the users.
Rosenberg Kosakoski LLP is investigating the possibility of a class action lawsuit on behalf of the Canadian owners of Yahoo e-mail accounts that were compromised in this security breach. If you are the owner of a @yahoo.com or @yahoo.ca e-mail account, please contact us for more information.
- RK Litigation Successfully Represents Penelakut Tribe in BC Court of Appeal
- RK Congrats our Naomi Moses for their Call to the Bar of British Columbia
- Supreme Court of Canada to hear mandatory minimum appeal in April, 2018
- Defendant found guilty in Lemon Creek fuel spill
- RK Litigation and Mi’kmaq in P.E.I. Supreme Court