Graham is a graduate of the University of British Columbia and Queen’s University, where he received the Gold Medal for top graduating student. Following graduation, Graham served as law clerk to the Rt. Hon. Beverley McLachlin, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada.
Graham has a broad litigation practice and regularly appears as lead counsel in all levels of court in Canada. Graham handles a broad variety of cases and has particular experience in class actions, public law and constitutional litigation, criminal defence, and aboriginal rights and title litigation.
Graham has taught as a Guest Lecturer at the University of British Columbia’s Faculty of Law in the areas of criminal law, aboriginal rights and title, and constitutional law. He has also taught as a faculty member for the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia. Graham serves on the Legal Advisory Panel of the RAVEN Trust and is a member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, the American Association for Justice, the British Columbia Civil Liberties Association, the Criminal Lawyers’ Association, and the Criminal Defence Advocacy Society. Graham is called to the bars of British Columbia, Ontario, and New York.
Prior to joining RK Litigation, Graham worked in the offices of a leading international law firm in New York City. While in New York, Graham handled mainly entertainment law and public interest litigation matters.
Outside of law, Graham has conducted and published research in the fields of evolutionary and educational psychology. Graham was selected as a finalist for the Rhodes Scholarship in recognition, in part, for his research in these fields. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Graham worked in the U.S. and Canadian film and television industries as an actor, writer, and producer. Graham currently spends his free time writing, playing hockey, and snowboarding.
A selection of Graham Kosakoski’s recent cases includes:
- Alex Boudreault v. Her Majesty the Queen, 2018 SCC No. 37427 (Hearing Date: April 17-18, 2018)
- R. v. Ball, 2018 BCCA No. 43606 (Judgment Under Reserve)
- Hwlitsum First Nation v. Canada et al., 2018 BCCA No. 44365 (Judgment Under Reserve)
- Kirk v. British Columbia et al., 2018 BCCA No. 44478 (Hearing Date: TBD)
- Hwlitsum First Nation v. Canada et al., 2017 BCSC 475
- Kirk v. Executive Flight Centre Fuel Services, 2017 BCSC 726
- Bartram v. GlaxoSmithKline Inc., 2016 BCSC 2516
- Hwlitsum First Nation v. Canada (Attorney General), 2016 SCC No. 37079
- R. v. Veinotte, 2016 BCCA 21
- Hwlitsum First Nation v. Canada (Attorney General), 2016 FCA 118
- Fontaine v. Canada (Attorney General), 2015 BCSC 717
- R. v. Edmond, 2014 BCSC 1375
- Raikou v. Spencer, 2014 BCSC 1
- R. v. Grey, 2013 BCCA 232
- Catalano v. Ogloff, 2013 BCSC 2257
- Bartram v. GlaxoSmithKline Inc., 2013 BCCA 462
- Logan v. Hong, 2013 BCCA 249
- Chemainus First Nation v. Bullock Baur Associates Ltd., 2012 BCSC 479
- Canada (National Revenue) v. Patry, 2012 FC 977
- Bartram v. GlaxoSmithKline Inc., 2011 BCCA 539
- Logan v. Dermatech, Intradermal Distribution Inc., 2011 BCSC 1097
- R. v. Asp, 2011 BCCA 433